Welcome to the Barley Hall and JORVIK Group Press Office.
The image library below contains a selection of images available for use in publications. If additional images are required, please contact the press office. Images below must be credited to York Archaeological Trust.
Latest Press Releases
- York Becomes Home of Medieval Christmas Celebrations 16.11.17
- Spooky Adventures for Little Terrors at Barley Hall! 23.10.17
- JORVIK Group Attractions to Support Autism Awareness Hour This October 28.09.17
- The Sweet Smell of Relaxation – Medieval Style… 26.07.17
- Giant stone storybook to be unearthed in Yorkshire this summer 10.07.17
- Wolf Hall Continues in York 22.03.17
- You think today’s Christmas is stressful? Try organising a medieval one! 18.11.16
- Wolf Hall Costumes Come To Barley Hall 28.09.16
- “Wagon plays roll!” – the greatest stories ready to be told at York’s Barley Hall 09.05.16
- A Knight to Remember! 03.05.16
Filming and Photography
If you would like to use Barley Hall as a location for filming or photography, please download the contract below and return with details of your request. Please notify us of any requirements including approximate dates and timings for the shoot, as well as the equipment that will be used.
Charges are levied for filming and photography in certain circumstances:
- Where the images are to be sold for profit (so this would include photographs for photo libraries).
- Where the filming is for fictional purposes or for a programme not directly promoting Barley Hall as a visitor destination.
For news items or feature opportunities, filming requests are dealt with on a case-by-case basis and fees may be waived.
You can contact the Press and Media department using the contact details below.
For press, film and photography enquiries:
Marketing Officer for JORVIK Viking Centre, DIG, Barley Hall and Micklegate Bar
Tel: 01904 543433
Head of Marketing for JORVIK Viking Centre, DIG, Barley Hall and Micklegate Bar
Tel: 01904 543426
To save images on a PC: Click on images to enlarge. Right-click and select ‘Save Picture As…’ or ‘Save Image As’.
To save images on a MAC: Click on images to enlarge. Right-click or Control + Click and select ‘Save Image As’.